Thursday 19 August 2010

August Bank Holiday - Bishops Bowl nr Leamington

With very few free days to rest let alone go fishing in the middle of wedding season - I noticed that Bank holiday Monday was free - "I'm going fishing" was the statement I made to Kate and paused for the refusal... I was greeted by silence... I checked if she had heard me which she had and subsequently approved my request!

After searching the Fisheries.co.uk website for a variation in location, I narrowed down the choice to either Weston Lawns or Bishops Bowl, both within 30 minutes drive of Coventry. After feedback from Jeff on his preference on venues I have opted for Bishops Bowl. My reasoning is the appeal of the rather wild and uncharted Green Hill lake.



I have managed to tempt my Dad along for the day, he retired nearly twelve months ago and I think he needs to go fishing!

I would appreciate any knowledge or advice about tactics/bait etc. I even found a post about barbel being present - true or false? If any one wants to join us we plan to be there about 8-8:30am Bank Holiday Monday (30/8/10).

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, last time I was there there were loads of good sized tench in and around the entrance to the canal sized section of water that's at the bottom of your map on Greenhill. I only fished for the pike but if I was trying there again next week I;d target them.
    Also wobbled dead bait for the pike.
    There are also a few big carp that mill around in the reeded bay area near the carp park half way round the pit - I'd take some prepped chum mixture to see if you can get them slurping off the top,

    Good luck.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete